Our Services: Michigan Elder Law
Why Talk To An Elder Law Attorney?
As we age, the likelihood of needing long-term care increases significantly. From nursing homes to assisted living facilities, the expenses can be overwhelming.
It's no secret that long-term care can be expensive, and the reality is that most senior do not have the funds to cover the costs.
This can be daunting and overwhelming, but it's important to know that we are available to help. From Medicaid to veteran's benefits, exploring all options to ensure you or your loved ones can receive the care you need without breaking the bank is important.
That's where we come in! Not only do we provide asset protection strategies, but we also advocate for quality healthcare for seniors.
What Is Elder Law?
Elder law is a specialized area of legal practice that focuses on the needs and rights of older adults. Elder law attorneys are legal professionals who are concerned with the needs of seniors and their families.
We provide a range of assistance, with one of the most vital being asset protection strategies.
Our elder law services also cover many other legal issues, including:
long-term care planning
Medicaid, Medicare, and other health insurance issues
nursing home care
With the cost of long-term care skyrocketing, our firm can help you navigate the complex web of regulations and programs to guard your assets from nursing homes and healthcare costs.
We can also help with crisis healthcare advocacy, ensuring seniors receive appropriate care while maximizing government benefits.
Our Michigan Elder Law Service Are About More Than Financial Matters
Beyond financial matters, our firm also plays a critical role in estate planning and life care planning. Estate planning helps maintain family privacy and financial security, while life care planning ensures ongoing quality of life for seniors, including keeping your independence as long as possible.
Examples of successful outcomes from our elder law attorney and products include asset protection, savings on healthcare costs, and clients receiving quality care due to advocacy from elder law attorneys.
Our firm has expertise in understanding the laws and regulations governing these topics and how they may affect elderly individuals or their families.
Need Help? Contact Us Today
Bottom line? Michigan elder law services are extremely important because most Michigan families cannot afford the care they need as they age.
Death Planning Isn't The Whole Story
Of course, all of the things that estate planning solves are very important.
But you must also consider: what happens if you live and need care? What if you need care that Medicare and your private insurance will not cover? Can you get long-term care insurance (even if you can, is it the best way to spend your money)? Can you afford the high costs of long-term care?
Elder Law Helps You Legally Avoid A Spend-Down...But You Have To Plan
Asset Protection And Access To Important Benefits To Pay For Care
Michigan Elder Law Helps You With The Cost Of Nursing Home Care Through Great Medicaid Planning
How Does An Elder Law Firm Go Beyond What Estate Planning Attorneys Do? (What's the Difference?)
Our Firm Helps You By:
• Can help you/your other family members save hundreds of thousands of dollars of assets, even if a loved one is already in a nursing home;
• Can help your other family members navigate the minefield of crisis healthcare;
• Understands how to obtain valuable governmental benefits for care costs;
• Specializes in protecting your assets during your life;
• Uses a “life care” approach, not just a “death planning” approach;
• Is always looking for ways to keep your loved ones out of court, in the event of a healthcare crisis or even your death;
• Cultivates relationships with nursing homes, health care providers, respite care providers, and other businesses necessary to the comfort, independence and care of your loved ones, so you have the right resources;
• Also does “regular” planning, such as wills and revocable living trusts;
• Keeps private family matters private, which does not happen if the court needs to get involved in disputes in any way;
• Isn’t just for “rich people;”
• Saves in the long run!
Don't Spend More Time Worrying Than You Need To.
As you or your loved ones age, it's important to research elder law attorneys and start planning early. Early planning cannot only prevent crises and save money but also ensure ongoing quality of life for seniors.
All you need to do is contact us! We will help you discover your options.
Need help? Our office serves clients with elder law needs all over Michigan: from Ann Arbor to Traverse City to Farmington Hills, Drummond Island to Grand Rapids to Macomb County. Contact Us today!