Meet Our Team
Elder Law/Estate Planning Principal Attorney - Nicole (VA Accredited)
Role in the Firm: As primary legal services provider, Nicole handles all matters in Medicaid, Special Needs, Asset Protection, Veteran's Improved Pension and Future Care Planning, in addition to general estate planning matters.
- Traditional Estate Planning - Wills, Health Care Proxies, Living Wills, Guardianships, Financial Powers of Attorney, Revocable Living Trusts.
- Advanced Estate Planning - Asset protection Trusts for individuals and business owners.
- Medicaid Pre-planning or Qualification -Protection of assets from Nursing Homes and ensuring eligibility for Medicaid. Handles preparation, submission and interview with the Department of Human Services (DHS) to provide required information and respond to inquiries related to both institutional and community Medicaid.
- Special Needs/Guardianship/Future Care Planning - Questions & planning concerns for disabled and/or incompetent individuals regarding their current and future needs.
- Modern Planning - All matters specific to single people, unmarried couples, blended families, same sex couples, and planning for pets.
- Business Succession Planning - Protection of business interests and ensuring effective plans in place to continue a business in the event of unanticipated incapacity or death of the principal.
- VA Pension Benefits - Qualification for VA Improved Pension, including Aid & Attendance. Assist in the preparation, presentation, and prosecution of pension claims.
Estate Planning & Medicaid Specialist Paralegal - Sharon
Background: A native of South Lyon, Sharon is the mother of twin teenage girls and a teenage son (which accounts for her busy and hectic life outside of the office!) She and her family are avid campers and you can usually find them at the campground on any given weekend during the Michigan summer.
Sharon obtained her Bachelor of Science as a Legal Assistant from Eastern Michigan University. Since that time, she has worked consistently for reputable law firms and estate attorneys as a valued paralegal, handling special needs, litigation, probate, Medicaid, Veteran's benefits, and general estate planning matters. Sharon is also a bonded notary public. Sharon's prior work experience is an integral part of our client's satisfaction with our services, as she provides a high level of competence and, therefore, confidence!
- Probate - Handles all matters relating to the submission of the Will to Probate Court, Appointment of the Personal Representative & administration of the estate.
- Medicaid Applications & Submissions - Working with estate attorneys and clients to ensure a smooth and successful Medicaid application process.
- Veteran’s Administration - Working with the legal services provider(s) and clients to ensure a smooth and successful Veteran’s pension application process.
- Funding - Sharon works directly with the clients, estate attorneys and financial representatives to ensure thorough and proper funding of all trusts created by our firm.
Legal Services Administrator - Julie
Background: Julie is a native of Southeast Michigan and currently lives in Washtenaw County. As a mom of six children ranging from 21 to 5 years old, she is quite adept at the proverbial juggling act! To relax, Julie and her husband enjoy golfing and little getaways with their family.
Julie's professional background includes personal lines insurance, medical insurance benefit coordination, working for a national pharmacy to launch a patient educational resource division, plus administrative support for several respected organizations. Her experience, and her caring nature, provides our clients with all levels of support within our firm!
Role in the Firm: Julie is primarily responsible for administrative support to the attorney and clients.