How Do I Know if My Dad Qualifies for Veteran's Improved Pension? - Ask The Attorney

va Oct 01, 2016

Q: I called the VA and was told my dad doesn’t qualify for Veteran’s Improved Pension, but someone else told me they heard he might qualify, even if they said he doesn’t. How do I go about getting the right answer?


A: Improved pension is also known as “Aid & Attendance,” and it pays up to almost $25,000 of additional tax-free income a year for at home care, assisted living, or nursing home. This can be a great financial relief to those that are worried about outliving their money. The real fact is, even if the VA claims your loved one doesn’t qualify, or that they have “too much money,” they may be able to become qualified. This is true for the Veteran as well as a spouse or widow(er).The best thing to do if you want to know your options is to go to a Veterans Administration Accredited attorney that specializes in long term care benefits. You may be pleasantly surprised to find out that you were given wrong information, and you can get assistance to help your loved one obtain the care they really need. Click here to read more about Veteran's Benefits.

Click here to read more about Veteran's Benefits.

Contact Us Today at (248) 278-1511. We Can Help.

This blog post and answer is not legal advice. It is for informational purposes only. For legal advice on your specific situation, consult with a qualified elder law attorney.